The basics: Infinity Mode is a new type of campaign at Chuffed.org for all of you that have awesome campaigns that don't fit into the traditional <90 day crowdfunding format. It lets you keep on fundraising past the 90 day limit, collecting money as it comes in.
It's perfect for:
- Larger, long-term campaigns, where you know you're going to need many months to crowdfund;
- Event crowdfunders, where the event is more than 3 months in the future; and
- Selling crowdfunding perks ongoing, without the hassle of setting up an online shop
How Infinity Mode works
- Submit and launch a normal campaign at chuffed.org/start
- Once your campaign is live, login to your account, click on 'More Options' on your dashboard, and then on 'Setup Infinity Mode' (see the image below)
- If you haven't already, follow the instructions to connect a Stripe.com account (which will be required to accept ongoing payments) and switch on Infinity Mode. Stripe is our payment provider and setting up an account takes less than 5 minutes.
- At this stage you can choose to switch to Infinity Mode immediately, or wait until your main campaign is over. If you switch over immediately, your main campaign will end within the hour and it will automatically transition to Infinity Mode.
- Alternatively, you can choose to wait until your main campaign ends, when you'll automatically get switched over to Infinity Mode (there's no downtime).
- For Australian campaigns only: We'll pay out any credit card payments from your main campaign period in one lump sum, and then any payments via credit card will be transferred to your bank account on a 2-day rolling cycle. PayPal payments will continue to be paid into your PayPal account.
- When your campaign switches to Infinity Mode, it'll look exactly the same as it did previously, except that there won't be a 'Days left' indicator and there'll be a 'This campaign is currently on Infinity Mode' under the donation box on the right.
The rest is up to you! When you're ready to finish, just log in and switch off Infinity Mode and you're done.
Interested in starting your own crowdfunding campaign?