As You Read What Is About To Happen-1st know what we are doing today!
We need your help to run a successful Crowdfunding Campaign that launches officially in Feb 2019. To do this we need to get READY by 1) Raising 25% of the funds, 2) Activating Everyday Hero's to run small events for H4Y with their Family & Friends. So, we need you to donate TODAY and sign up to do something you love while making much needed donations to KEEP THE FARM GATES OPEN & HELP US #CHANGE THE STORY ON YOUTH SUICIDE.
The Story So Far For Our Youth
The story so far for our young people is sad.. Suicide amongst young Australians is the highest it’s been in ten years -- it’s a bigger killer than car accidents. Our most vulnerable include those in foster care, and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth. For every seven young Aussies, one of them is struggling with a mental health condition.
A Farmhouse Is Changing This Story
“Hello! We are Homestead For Youth. We’re pleased to meet you and thank you for stopping by our page.”
We are an organisation committed to empowering young people at risk (and their families) by providing a strength-based suicide prevention message (“H4Y Choose Life Today!”), a short and long term residential farm home for youth and their families, hands-on healing programs (e.g. equine therapy and car restoration), Psychology & Counselling Clinic and thereauptic sensory animal farm therapy (the first in Western Australia).
Every week over 20 at-risk young people come through our farm gates. We’re here to change the story on youth suicide.
Now We Need Your Help to Change How The Story Ends...
Our farmstead based in Meelon, Western Australia, which is a safe home for so many young people can no longer be leased. To continue working towards achieving a better story ending, we need to buy the farmstead.
The fundraising target for this Christmas Appeal Story is $250,000 which will be put directly towards the total of $1.4 million over the next few year that is needed to keep the gates of our farm home open to any young people and their families.
Our Young People Need Your Help
Together is better! Everyone can play a part in changing the story on youth suicide.
- Open your heart to our Christmas Appeal. Every and any donation helps keep the farm gates open!
- Share our Appeal (through Facebook, email, Instagram, word of mouth) to people who you know would like to contribute to a happier Christmas Story for our young people.
- Find out more about Homestead For Youth and how you can get more involved in our work: https://www.homesteadforyouth.org/
“We see children and teens who have found hope and purpose. We see families who feel armed and prepared for the otherwise daunting task of parenting. Every life matters. Everyone deserves a chance to find their hope.”
- Marty Fadelli, Homestead For Youth
Open Your Hearts With A Special Gift For Our Youth
- $25 buys healthy, homemade meals for a young person who needs a safe home this holiday season.
- $50 provides a warm, safe, clean bed at our farm home, in one of our cabins for a young person to rest and recharge.
- $75 gives the gift of a therapy session where one young person can share his / her story with H4Y’s counsellors and be empowered with skills to face mental health challenges.
- $100 helps a family who is going through challenges with a donation for a family therapy session at H4Y. THIS DONATION SCORES YOU A 2019 CALENDAR AND PROMO PACK.
- $250 Lets kids be kids and enjoy a weekend at our farm home camping, restoring cars, doing arts and crafts, enjoying the good and safe farm life.
- $500 gives a troubled young person the opportunity to spend a week at our farm home so that they can recharge and get back on their feet.
- $1000+ will change the story on youth mental health. THIS DONATION SCORES YOUR NAME ON A BRICK PATH CREATED ON THE FARM WITH YOUR NAME ON IT.